Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

You are viewing an old version of this page. View the current version.

Compare with Current View Page History

« Previous Version 3 Next »

All printers in the Union Building are supported by IT Support, maintenance of some of the MFDs is carried out by an external company, and users are responsible for requesting and refilling supplies where appropriate.

If you are having a problem with a printer then what you do depends on what the problem is. If the printer cannot print because it is out of toner or paper, then you need to collect some more paper or a replacement toner cartridge from Reception and either fill the relevant paper trays, or replace the toner cartridge. Instructions for replacing the toner cartridges are provided with the units. Empty cartridges should be returned to Reception for recycling.

If the printer is in an error state then you are expected to attempt to resolve this yourself if you feel comfortable in doing so. On the larger printers when there is an error such as a paper jam the screen on the device will tell you what doors to open and what levers and rollers to move to attempt to clear the jam. If you think you are going to cause damage to a printer by doing this, then leave it alone and send a request to IT Support, don't just print to another printer and ignore the one with the error.

  • No labels